Saturday, June 26, 2010

Korean Enoki Mushroom Pancake 팽이버섯전

For today's lunch, I made Korean Enoki Mushroom Pancake. Few weeks back when I was in Jeju,
I tried this type of pancake for the first time and I loved it! So I decided to come up with my version of
the pancake and it turned out really delicious!

Korean Enoki Mushroom Pancake 팽이버섯전
Makes 10 small pancakes

Ingredients:
20g onions chopped finely
15g carrots chopped finely
15g spring onion chopped into about 2cm lengths
100g enoki mushrooms chopped into1 inch lengths
3/4 tsp salt
1 egg
flour
seasame oil

1. Chop onions, carrots, spring onion and set aside in a bowl. Chop enoki mushrooms and place into a separate bowl.

2. Using low heat, fry the onions,carrots and spring onion for a few moments until covered with oil/

3. Put a little seasame oil over enoki mushrooms to cover the mushrooms and sprinkle about 2 1/2 tbsp of flour.

4. Combine egg, salt, vegetables and mushrooms. Add appropriate amounts of flour ( about 3-4 tbsp of flour) to reach a thickness similar to the picture below.



5. Fry the batter in about 6cm diameters. Serve immediately.

I actually put 1 tsp salt, but it turned out to be pretty salty, so I think 3/4 tsp of salt would be better.
Well I hope you guys enjoy this recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment